Covid-19: Pools and Hot Tubs
March 20, 2020
Dear Holland Home Leisure Customers,
The world began changing drastically about three months ago, locally these drastic changes began about a week ago. This is requiring all people, households, businesses, and government to make difficult decisions about how to move forward.
Today at 5PM our two retail stores will have closed for the day, and our focus will be on helping our customers through our online store at www.poolsuppliesnovascotia.pro and on the phone during regular business hours at 902-681-3030. The stores will remain closed to the public for an indefinite period, as the world continues to assess the changing risks, and we will open again. I apologize for the impact this may have, but as a backyard leisure business (compared to an essential service), I feel that this is an appropriate and necessary step.
While the stores are closed, we will still be processing online orders which can be placed at www.poolsuppliesnovascotia.pro . Please note that our next day delivery may not be available during this time, and we thank you for your patience with us as we implement our new operating model.
For your hot tub water tests and balancing that require our in-house expertise, we will provide an update in the coming days on how we can better assist.
For hot tub service, call us and we would like to try to help you over the phone. Many times, this arrives at a solution.
We will be building backyards this summer, and our sales team remains available to help you start the process, just over the phone or by email is all!
Thank you for supporting our locally owned business for the past 40 years, and for your understanding. These decisions are for the good of us all, and at a very real expense to the business. More information to come over the next week.
Mark Van Zoost
President and CEO
Covid-19: Pools and Hot Tubs
With the outbreak of Covid-19, we wanted to share the latest information available from the CDC, as well as some tips regarding pool and hot tub use.
From the CDC:
“Can the Covid-19 virus be spread through pools and hot tubs?
There is no evidence that Covid-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools and hot tubs. Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (chlorine or bromine) of pools and hot tubs should remove or inactivate the virus that causes Covid-19.”
Pool and Hot Tub Tips:
- Maintain a proper free chlorine OR bromine residual continuously
- Pools: 2 – 3 ppm
- Hot Tubs: 3 – 5 ppm
- Use a reliable test kit to ensure proper levels PRIOR to use and as needed to maintain the proper levels continuously. Check the expiry dates on testing supplies.
- The water should also be tested and adjusted as needed to maintain a pH of 7.4-7.6
- Periodically, a water test should be taken to a Pool & Hot Tub Professional for confirmation of your results and accurate testing of other water balance measures
- Clean exposed hot tub surfaces regularly
- POOLS: Operate the pump and filter continuously to ensure adequate filtration, circulation and distribution of chlorine or bromine
- Don’t swallow pool or hot tub water, take frequent bathroom breaks and practice good hygiene (shower prior to entry)
- When using a pool or hot tub, practice safe distancing from other bathers or swimmers.
- No person should use a pool or hot tub who is feeling sick in any way or displaying symptoms of the flu or Covid-19