Parts Room Specialist Employment Opportunity
Job Title: Seasonal Parts Room Specialist – Part-time hours
Work-term: April 2022 through to October 2022 – approx. based on season
Reports To: Management
Location: New Minas, NS
Pay Rate: $15/Hour
ABOUT Holland Home Leisure
For over 40 years, Holland Home Leisure has been working with our clients to make their backyard dreams a reality. Our talented team of experts works with our clients to create the pool and patio of their dreams. We are looking for dedicated employees who share our love of the summer and all things pool.
Do you like to work with your hands? Are you an energetic, enthusiastic, and hard-working person with retail and/or parts experience and a love for customer service? Then this job is for you. Join our experienced team of retail professionals in a fast-paced and fun industry. The right candidate for the position is reliable, has experience with forklift operation and safety, the use of power and hand tools and has a strong work ethic.
Our Parts Room Specialist works directly with our client-base to provide outstanding customer service to help our clients maintain their pool, patio, and hot tubs products. You will work primarily out of our parts room and warehouses, doing repairs, suggesting plumbing setups and helping our customers with their parts needs. The position also entails maintaining our warehouse standards through general upkeep, operating a forklift daily as well as general store operational work and maintenance.
For the right candidate, this position is meant to be a returning role each pool season, giving the flexibility of having winters off.
- Bench work including fixing pool cleaners, pumps, and other industry products. Creating plumbing systems for pools and hot tubs, as well as keeping the workspace professionally maintained
- Moving products with the forklift, daily
- Store maintenance and upkeep
- Warehouse maintenance and general tasks
- Some sales and cash transactions
- Product recommendations
- Education: Completion of a high-school diploma is required
- Must have basic computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- English speaking and writing required for this position
- Forklift, small repair, and warehouse experience are an asset
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
This position is in an air-conditioned building. Working hours can be between 8-9 hours daily, with the store being open Monday through Friday 9-6, Saturday 9-5 and closed on Sundays. Work weeks are approximately 25-35 hours, worked over five days. The ability to work on your feet for extended periods of time and lift 50lbs is a requirement.
How to Apply
Please send resumes and cover letters to:
Mike Cameron – Retail General Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org