Mineraluxe Complete Pool Care Kit
What is the advantage of this kit?
- Less sanitizer needed for less cost, more convenience and peace of mind
- Less sanitizer needed – reduced water balancing time and costs
- Crystal Clear water for more enjoyment
- Improved protection against bacterial and algal infestations for less cost and better results
- Protection from stains and scale for less work and cost
- Squeaky clean surfaces and pipes for less work and more enjoyment
- Softer, more comfortable water, for a better ownership and swimming experience
- Filtration is optimized helping reduce need for chemicals
- Overall enhanced pool experience for greater confidence and enjoyment
Will they prevent algae?
Yes. They will improve the pools overall resistance to algae by eliminating and preventing biofilm formation and increasing overall sanitizer efficiency. Advance Stick technology also reduces the risk of algae by making it substantially more difficult for algae to attach to surfaces.
Will they reduce chlorine and how?
The answer to this question is yes. Our field trials resulted in a dramatic reduction in sanitizer consumption. Sanitizer demand is reduced from a number of perspectives, most notably;
- The principals of fusion science significantly reduce sanitizer demand. When the unique elements in Advance Sticks ‘fuse’ to waste, allowing it to be filtered out, the result is less ‘matter’ that needs to be oxidized. As we know, the majority of sanitizer consumption is spent on oxidation, as opposed to killing microorganisms.
- The elimination and prevention of biofilm also reduces sanitizer demand. Biofilm mass can grow to a considerable extent in swimming pools, leading to significant sanitizer consumption through oxidative and sanitation efforts.
Are there biofilms in pools?
Absolutely. A largely hidden menace, most pools would have biofilm formations that go unnoticed, yet harbour algae and other microorganisms, allowing for significant outbreaks when the pools maintenance system breaks down. Biofilm formation can be significant, yet largely invisible in the larger confines of a swimming pool when you consider the difficulties most pools have with proper circulation. Slopes in deep ends, around and under walk-in stairs, ladders, lights and other water features are safe harbours, out of the general flow of sanitizers and oxidizers. In addition, swimming pool piping is usually far more extensive than that of a hot tub, allowing for considerable growth since most pool maintenance systems are ineffective in these areas.
Are biofilms and algae related?
Yes. Biofilms are large masses that can consist of a single microorganism species (bacteria, algae, fungi, etc) or be a complex blend of many different species, intermixed. What they have in common is that they form and grow in wet or moist environments, they start from free-floating microorganisms that come in contact with an appropriate surface and attach themselves, and secrete a gooey substance, extracellular polymeric substance (EPS), that binds them together, providing protection for the host(s), attachment and an ideal environment for reproduction. Algae, growing in a mass on a wall or floating on the surface in a scum formation, is an example of an algal biofilm.
Using the Mineraluxe System Kit
* As with any pool maintenance program, balance your water! Ph, total alkalinity, calcium, and stabilizer (CYA)
Step 1: Mineraluxe Advance Sticks
• Mineraluxe Advance Sticks are to be applied every second week: Apply 1 Mineraluxe Advance Stick per 20,000 litres of pool water.
• Always apply directly into the skimmer basket with the pump operating.
• Remove the plastic wrap and always apply a complete Advance Stick. Avoid breaking the sticks and only applying portions.
Step 2: Mineraluxe Oxygen
• Immediately after the addition of the Mineraluxe Advance Sticks: Apply 1 pouch of Mineraluxe Oxygen per 40,000 litres of pool water.
• Cut the top of the pouch with scissors and sprinkle into the water with the pump running.
• Apply the product around the edges of the deep end, if possible.
• Circulate water and leave any cover off for a minimum of 1 hour.
Step 3: Mineraluxe Sanitizer Sticks
• Apply Mineraluxe Sanitizer Sticks to maintain a consistent chlorine residual of 1–3 ppm.
• Usage should approximate 1 Sanitizer Stick per 40,000 litres per week
• Test your chlorine level with a reliable test kit and adjust application frequency to achieve the recommended level.
• Mineraluxe Sanitizer Sticks can be added to a chlorinator, skimmer, floating dispenser or other flow control method and allowed to slowly dissolve, adding a controlled amount of sanitizer to the water.
Step 4: Bonus – Jack’s Magic Super Pacs - Included free while supplies last!
• Each Super Pac will treat up to 80,000 litres for a two week period
• Apply by placing in the skimmer basket
• The wrap is a water soluble film that will totally dissolve leaving no residue or trace.